Albany-Dougherty Land Bank Presents Annual Report
Albany, GA (February 11, 2020) – The City Board of Commissioners was presented the Albany-Dougherty Land Bank annual report by Paul Forgey, Director of Planning & Development Services/Executive Director of the Land Bank.
Since the creation of the ADLB, there has been a significant effort made to address
blighted properties. Some of the accomplishments achieved are listed below.
• Returned over $40,000 in property tax revenue
• Obtained Letter of Commendation from Governor Kemp- for Georgia Association of Land Bank Authorities
• Worked with Georgia Department of Revenue to establish a process for releasing Tax Execution Liens
• Assisted with Georgia Land Bank Report (created logo for the Georgia Association of Land Bank Authorities)
• Requested tax abatement for 39 properties
• Acquired 18 properties through Judicial Tax Sale
• Conveyed eight of the 18 properties to applicants
• Acquired four properties by donation and conveyed 1 of the four properties to an applicant
• Acquired five properties in Radium Springs target area
The Albany-Dougherty Land Bank (ADLB) was created through an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City and County in April of 2017. The purpose of the ADLB is to put the tax-delinquent property back into productive use and eliminate blight in the city and county. A seven-member board of directors was appointed to guide the activities of the organization.
For more information, please contact Monique Broughton Knight, Public Information Officer